There are general uses of insurance and there are specific ones. General uses typically comprise the reasons why most people will need to get an insurance policy. Specific uses will depend on the kind of lifestyle led by the insured.
Everyone stands to benefit from having a life insurance, health insurance, and long-term disability coverage. These are insurance coverage that every person will have use of. The remaining question in getting these types of insurance would merely center on the amount of coverage desired and not if it is needed or not, because it is.
Getting the other types of insurance would depend on a person’s personal circumstances:
1. Auto Insurance – All vehicle owners must get an auto insurance unless they are covered by another’s policy such as that of a parent or a spouse. It has to be made clear however that such a driver is only covered if he or she is driving the parent or spouse’s car. If the driver is driving his or her own car, he or she needs to obtain a separate policy. Every car needs to be insured on its own.
Licensed drivers who are not car owners still need to be covered by some form of insurance when driving. A driver with a revoked or suspended license may opt to take a respite from car insurance expense since he or she is not expected to drive anyway up until the time of the prohibition. Obtaining a car insurance policy not only offers protection to the driver but to other people as well who may be affected by a driver’s behaviour.
2. Travel Insurance – Every person who travels should consider getting the appropriate travel insurance to protect themselves from any eventualities that may arise from the trip. This type of insurance policy does not only cover accidents while on travel but also unexpected inconveniences during the trip such as sickness, flight delay, or lost baggage, among others.
3. Extreme Sport Insurance – People who engage in extremely risky sports activities should seriously consider getting this type of insurance. It can be obtained as additional cover to travel insurance or a stand-alone policy.
4. Specific Profession Insurance – Malpractice insurance is a type of insurance that concerns physicians and medical practitioners for protection in the event they are sued for medical malpractice. Other professions have their own specific insurance coverage.
5. Celebrity Insurance – These are insurance policies obtained to protect physical assets of celebrities such as but not limited to legs, breasts, facial parts, hands, and even moustaches.
There are many other types of insurance that may be needed by specific persons.
About the Guest Blogger
Helena of insurancetown.com strongly suggests determining real needs before buying an insurance policy.
Driving a stick shift can be a lot of fun. It offers a level of control that only top-end automatic transmission cars can provide. A manual transmission car also makes you feel involved in the driving since you have to make adjustments with your acceleration and your shift lever on your own. Manual transmission driving [...]
Shopping for groceries is one of the things my family looks forward to every weekend. We usually go grocery shopping at one of those really big supermarkets that have everything from sugar to televisions to sofa sets. Aside from being able to go out for a change, the kids get to experience firsthand how it [...]
Driving under the influence is among the top offenses on the road in the U.S. Every year, an estimated 10,000 people get killed due to alcohol-related crashes. Since 30 years ago, statistics showed that alcohol-related accidents have claimed the lives of more than 440,000 people. And just recently, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) recommended [...]
Entertaining well starts with a solid setup, with all of the equipment, furniture, and space you need to have people over and help them enjoy the time they spend with you. Once you’ve created the perfect indoor entertainment room, it’s time to take a look at your outdoor space and spruce that up as well. Create [...]
Are you looking for an adventure sport that takes you from the laundry room to the world’s tallest peaks, the deepest oceans and everywhere in between? Then you need to try extreme ironing. Yes, you heard right. Extreme ironing. The sport started in 1997 when a British knitwear factory worker decided to combine work with [...]
Coupons are a great way to save and try new products in the market. Many housewives and mothers who are utilizing them claim to benefit from these tickets. Some have even developed the habit of stocking up various grocery items in their homes for future use. But although there are many sources from where to [...]
With a newborn son whose life I’m projecting way into the future, I’ve been thinking a lot about college lately. In the United States, going to college is the social norm. Everyone goes to college (pretty much). But should they? Let me point to three reasons why college is no longer necessary for success. 1. [...]