There are general uses of insurance and there are specific ones. General uses typically comprise the reasons why most people will need to get an insurance policy. Specific uses will depend on the kind of lifestyle led by the insured.
Everyone stands to benefit from having a life insurance, health insurance, and long-term disability coverage. These are insurance coverage that every person will have use of. The remaining question in getting these types of insurance would merely center on the amount of coverage desired and not if it is needed or not, because it is.
Getting the other types of insurance would depend on a person’s personal circumstances:
1. Auto Insurance – All vehicle owners must get an auto insurance unless they are covered by another’s policy such as that of a parent or a spouse. It has to be made clear however that such a driver is only covered if he or she is driving the parent or spouse’s car. If the driver is driving his or her own car, he or she needs to obtain a separate policy. Every car needs to be insured on its own.
Licensed drivers who are not car owners still need to be covered by some form of insurance when driving. A driver with a revoked or suspended license may opt to take a respite from car insurance expense since he or she is not expected to drive anyway up until the time of the prohibition. Obtaining a car insurance policy not only offers protection to the driver but to other people as well who may be affected by a driver’s behaviour.
2. Travel Insurance – Every person who travels should consider getting the appropriate travel insurance to protect themselves from any eventualities that may arise from the trip. This type of insurance policy does not only cover accidents while on travel but also unexpected inconveniences during the trip such as sickness, flight delay, or lost baggage, among others.
3. Extreme Sport Insurance – People who engage in extremely risky sports activities should seriously consider getting this type of insurance. It can be obtained as additional cover to travel insurance or a stand-alone policy.
4. Specific Profession Insurance – Malpractice insurance is a type of insurance that concerns physicians and medical practitioners for protection in the event they are sued for medical malpractice. Other professions have their own specific insurance coverage.
5. Celebrity Insurance – These are insurance policies obtained to protect physical assets of celebrities such as but not limited to legs, breasts, facial parts, hands, and even moustaches.
There are many other types of insurance that may be needed by specific persons.
About the Guest Blogger
Helena of insurancetown.com strongly suggests determining real needs before buying an insurance policy.
Driving a stick shift can be a lot of fun. It offers a level of control that only top-end automatic transmission cars can provide. A manual transmission car also makes you feel involved in the driving since you have to make adjustments with your acceleration and your shift lever on your own. Manual transmission driving […]
Pet care is no longer as simple and as basic as it used to be, which is good news for animal lovers. The services being offered today by animal care or pet care services are increasingly comprehensive, even comparable to the health care packages offered to humans. As a representative from Creekside Pet Car Center […]
If you’ve ever been embarrassed to pull out your flip phone in front of a crowd of smartphone users, you may not need to feel ashamed any longer. According to a recent study of consumers published by CNN, vintage mobile phones are among the hottest accessories of 2014. When planning what you’re going to wear […]
There’s no doubt that Instagram has taken the world by storm. Each day, more than 75 million people actively use the platform and some 55 million photos are posted on the site. Photos shared on Instagram vary from the selfies and food to interesting places, nature scenes and quotes. Very important people including celebrities are […]
There is a large percentage of business travel that happens in London. There are a lot of global conglomerates and business interests that have headquarters in the city so it’s quite common that many business transactions and meeting happen in London regularly. Corporate travelers go in and out of the city on a regular basis. […]
Today children can benefit from digital devices that previously were reserved for their parents. Not only can smartphones and iPads capture photos and videos, create shopping lists, and serve as alarm clocks, they can also take some of the angst out of a child’s oral health regimen — and perhaps even cut down on emergency […]
Did you ever notice how you get a sudden burst of energy at the start of a new year? That’s no coincidence, nor is it a unique event. It’s a collective energy surge, which experts suggest is driven by hope. Maybe some people are hoping they’ll turn over a new leaf in the coming year. […]