While we try our very best to stick to the budget rules we’ve set, there’s ALWAYS that single thing that busts a small hole in our pockets. Soon enough, that small hole expands to a greater flush of the ‘ole buckeroos down the drain.
I’ll list down some of my personal budget busters as a self-excersise in identifying them. I hope these would also help you with yours. Identifying them is the first step to freedom folks! 🙂 And a great way to make a list of what to avoid when you hit the malls or the groceries.
- Chocolates – I always, always, always have a bar of Hershey’s or a Kisses bag when I go out the grocery.
- Starbucks – if there is a branch nearby, I’d be in it in no time ordering a mochaccino or a sliver of cake.
- Ice cream cone – when I take a stroll and I see an ice cream parlor, expect to see me with a double scoop fudge.
- USB drives – I just gotta have that bigger, cuter, more colorful… ah, I’d always grab a US$10-15 USB drive… and I always tell myself I’d be giving it to someone as a gift.
- Computer magazines – I know I could easily access most of what I want online, but the glossy magazines are just way too tempting to resist