Ok, I know orange and black are the main colors for haunting, but being that we’re all trying to cool the planet from the general warming we’ve all been experiencing we’ve got to give Halloween a tint of green. Let me share with you a few tips:
- Give out healthy Halloween treats – choose organic treats over artificially flavored ones.
- Dress up with eco-friendly costumes
- Leave the car behind while you accompany trick or treaters
- Choose a local organic pumpkin
- Compost your Halloween pumpkin
These are small things you can do but if we all do it together we can all help the planet in a big way. Here in the US we’ve been seeing several houses with really cool Halloween themes. I’m a little sad that some of them used spray paint or other material that are non-friendly to the environment. I hope, at least, that we can pivot to something better by the next Halloween!