I’m picturing and hearing Sesame Street in my mind. That song “Everybody Sleeps” just can’t let go, what a recall.
Probably one of the most useful furniture in our house… our beds. Oh and they can be oooh so different, but you know when you find one, you tend to be loyal to it like a spouse. I’ve heard of folks using the same bed since birth. And some would say the quickest bed purchase they ever made was a short one and a half year from the old one.
I for one have been using mine for about 5 years already. It’s “broken” in some areas, but hey I feel it knows me more than a relative. It has survived three apartments, a 10-year old kid and something that should be left unspoken. Ha ha!
Okay, on with what about this bed blog post.
I’d just like to share a few tips of keeping your beds as pleasant as you can for the longest possible service:
1. Change your linens at least once every 10 days.
2. Change your pillows once every year.
3. Before you hop into bed, take a shower.
4. Just after you hop off of your bed, arrange everything
5. Do not buy second hand bed stuff… buy brand new
6. Do not eat on your bed, even a cookie!
7. No pets on the bed please, however cute they are.
8. No work things on the bed
9. Flip your mattress once every three months
10. Do not clip your nails on the bed
11. I think it’s safe to spray your bed with Lysol scents every so often
12. Secret tip: after sex, change the linens please 😉
Oh I hope I didn’t miss anything, those are the rules I follow (though sometimes I don’t). But try if you must get the bed of your dreams every night.