I’ve had my fair share of local and international travels. Everytime I “hit the road” I am always brought to “hit the wall” when the time comes to pack. I just couldn’t fit what I need to bring in a small suitcase. Really! My solution? Have the wife do the packing for me. I tell her where I’m off to and what I’d be doing and she magically hits me spot-on with everything I’d ever need. To return the favor, she makes sure she adds a few space for anything that she’d love me to bring home. Souvineers, perfume, jewelry… ah, there’s always that space reserved for that.
I think this article will speak to me too as I write. I saw from iVillage.com a few tips on how to keep me from paying too much baggage WHILE keeping things just right for me for my trip.
- Be sure to check your airlines restriction on check-in and carry-on baggage
- Make a list on what you NEED to bring
- Know the weather of your destination and pack accordingly
- Use sturdy and colorful luggage
- Put all liquids in a clear bag
- Choose clothes that are low maintenance
- Roll your clothes… avoid folding!
- Put tissue paper inside your shoes to prevent deformation
- Bring a small umbrella
- Put all your toiletries in one small bag