Movies are a source of different kinds of inspiration. Some people see role models in some characters, while others look at some movies as cautionary tales. But for others, a movie is the perfect medium to look at fashion – and it’s not just women who look to movies for fashion guidance. Even men get fashion and style tips from the movies they see. Granted, a great movie that is stylish for men are a little harder to find but they do exist. [Read more…]
Obviously, I am NOT a man; but my dad had this notion that he would have a son as his first child – what guy doesn’t, anyway? So anyhow, growing up, I got to spend a lot of time with my dad as he tinkered with his motorbike and has he did jobs around the house. Looking back, I realize now that there are certain tools that a man simply has to have. In keeping with the spirit of Father’s Day, I thought it would be great to create a list of the tools that should be part of every guy’s arsenal – father or not.
1. Hammer. You never know when you might need to hit something hard. Seriously, a hammer is a very handy tool and you can never have one hammer too many (at least that’s what my dad said).
2. Power drill. This is a very handy tool, and you can use it for a variety of jobs. Curtain rods, photo frames, chandeliers, shelves – all these would need a power drill to be installed.
3. Duct tape. Just watch an episode or two of MacGyver and you will know what I mean. Duct tape can be used for anything. And I mean anything.
4. Tape measure. There is nothing worse than buying a new air conditioner or any other piece of furniture only to find out that it will not fit where you want it to. The solution? Measure, measure, and then measure again. Oh, and make sure you write the measurements down.
5. Pencil. Of course, you need a pencil to write those measurements – oh and make sure you have a piece of paper handy as well.
What are your must-have tools?